Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bacon and Potato Quiche

Notes: I used my bigger pie pan and my potatoes weren't all that big, so I adjusted the amounts a little from the original. I took 4 potatoes, 2 onions, 6 eggs and I think 3/4 C cream. Everything else was about the same. I didn't mix the potatoes and bacon and cheese together before putting in, but I wonder how this would be?  Daniel loved so that's always great! Very similar to what Mom used to make with potatoes in the skillet when I was younger, minus the pie crust.

from Jacqueline

Ingredients:
1           uncooked pastry crust
2-4        diced potatoes, steamed
2-4        green onions, chopped
3/4 lb    bacon, cooked
1 1/2 C cheese
4-6        eggs
1/2-1 C  cream
salt, pepper

Directions:
1. Fry potatoes and green onions together and then place in crust.
2. Crumble bacon on top.
3. Sprinkle cheese on top.
4. Combine eggs and cream and pour over top.
5. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes until done.




No comments:

Post a Comment