Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

My Mom gave me this for a trip to the Outerbanks. She had gotten it from my Aunt Nan. Next time would definitely try to cook it all beforehand and pull it, then just freeze and reheat when you are serving. It just took more time in the kitchen than I had planned with the beach tantalizing us the whole time.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 lbs. boneless pork roast (or more) cut into chunks
2 med chopped onions
2 med green peppers, chopped
1 6 pz. tomato paste
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. cidar vinegar
3 T. chili powder
2 t. salt
2 t. worchestershire sauce
1 t. dry mustard
 
Directions:
Put in crock pot and cook all day.
Tear apart and shred with large forks. 
Serve on big kaiser or krusty rolls
Serves 10 6 in. hard rolls.
 
Mom's helpful notes: The green peppers really add alot of zing.  I usually don't put quite that many in.  Maybe even a little less onion also.
The other thing I do is much easier.  Just pour a bottle of Montgomery Inn barbeque sauce over boneless pork roast.  (This is also some sauce that I get from Nan but I hear you can get it online now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment