Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Spiced Pear Jam

from Taste of Home

 Spiced Pear Jam
Notes: I made some pear jam this year and we love it! But unfortunately, I forgot to copy the recipe on to my blog. But I'm pretty sure this is the recipe I used so I'm adding it now to help me next year as I know we'll be wanting to make more. The spices are subtle and really remind me of Christmas.

48 ServingsPrep: 1 hour 40 min. Process: 10 min.

Ingredients

  • 8 cups chopped or coarsely ground peeled pears (about 5-1/2 pounds)
  • 4 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions

  • Combine all ingredients in a Dutch oven. Simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2
  • to 2 hours or until thick, stirring occasionally. Stir more
  • frequently as the mixture thickens.

  • Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle into hot
  • half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe
  • rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water
  • canner. Yield: 6 half-pints.

Editor's Note: This recipe does not require pectin.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 81 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© Taste of Home 201

No comments:

Post a Comment