Monday, December 23, 2013

Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pancakes

from Pioneer Woman


 
Notes: I've made this with regular flour and they turn out yummy. I've added 1/2 c milk extra each time as the batter is too thick for me. Next time I thick I want to add 1 c milk extra. They are extra thick and chewy than other pancakes which I like. The plentiful vanilla also makes them very appealing.

Ingredients (makes about 14 pancakes, very thick)

  • 3 cups Plus 2 Tablespoons Cake Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 2 cups Milk
  • 2 whole Large Eggs
  • 3 teaspoons Vanilla
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter
  • Extra Butter
  • Maple Or Pancake Syrup

Preparation Instructions

Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl.
Mix together milk, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring very gently until just combined.
Melt butter and add it to the batter, stirring gently to combine.
Cook on a greased skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown. Serve with an obscene amount of butter and warm syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment